Melissa Channing Munchick brings more than 20 years of legal experience to Kurkin Forehand Brandes, with a focus on representing clients with real estate contracts and transactions. She will serve as senior counsel and handle all aspects of property and asset purchase and disposition on behalf of automobile dealerships.
Before joining Kurkin Brandes, Munchick was an associate at a Coral Gables-based law firm primarily serving as outside counsel for real estate developers in the acquisition, development and financing of commercial real estate projects. She also prepared and negotiated commercial leases and management agreements on behalf of developers. Prior to that, she served as Real Estate Counsel for a publically-traded national homebuilding company where she served as analyst for all acquisition, disposition and financing transactions for compliance with the company’s asset acquisition committee and land banking policies. Her background and training for this representation was as counsel for commercial lending institutions and real estate developers with leading Florida law firms.
Munchick is a graduate of Tufts University in Medford, Massachusetts, and earned her J.D. from the Benjamin N. Cardozo School of Law in New York, New York. She also earned an LL.M. in Real Estate Development from the University of Miami School of Law in Miami, Florida. She is a member of the Florida Bar, and is admitted to practice law in the State of New York and in the District of Columbia.
Areas Of Practice
- Real Estate and General Transactions
- Florida, 1996
- New York, 2004
- District of Columbia, 2004
- University of Miami School of Law, Coral Gables, Florida
- LL.M., Real Property Development - 1998
- Yeshiva University Benjamin N. Cardozo School of Law, New York, New York
- J.D. - 1996
- Tufts University, Medford, Massachusetts
- B.A. - 1993
- Major: Political Science
- Tarmara Carmichael, Esq.
- Jennifer Bellinson, Esq.
- Jennifer Demberg Cohen, Esq.
- Michael Goldstein, Esq.
Professional Associations and Memberships
- The Florida Bar, Real Property, Probate and Trust Law Section
- American Bar Association, Real Property, Probate and Trust Law Section
- Florida Bar Association, Member
Past Employment Positions
- Holland & Knight LLP, Associate Attorney, 1997 to 1999
- Broad and Cassel, Associate Attorney, 1999 to 2003
- Alpha Phi